December 4, 2012

I wish I Existed Like Water

Doğu, Painter
Sunglasses: Burberry
Coat: Zara
Jeans: Zara
What a surprise! Yesterday I was on my way back home ready to catch the ferry when I saw Dogu and his friends waiting for the Island ship. They were totally relaxed and fooling around. Of course I asked them to become part of Imprimolco. It turned out that Dogu is one of Istanbul's young painting talents. I am very impressed by his work. You should take a closer look at his paintings and collages: www.doguozgun.com. I like the way he describes his paintings and himself: "I wish I were water, I were put into a mould, and took the shape of that mould. I wish I flowed like water, go away and come back. I wish I flowed to the sea, to the oceans, even I wish I weren't able to be discriminated among them...My painting world should be homogen like water." Needless to mention that we took pictures close to water. 

Noah's Arc, Collage, Paper  

No comments:

Post a Comment