June 20, 2013

I'd rather Have Roses on My Table than Diamonds on My Neck

Merve, Student 
Shirt: Zara
Skirt: Zara
Shoes: Toms
Bag: Balenciaga
Bracelet: Swarovski

I love flowers. I am always happy to get flowers. And believe me, there is no need for a special occasion giving flowers to a person (I am trying hard to send this message to the man I love). Flowers are fascinating me not only because they are pretty or they smell nice. Seeing a beautiful flower makes me feel respect, awe and astonishment for the nature. Two hundred years ago flowers were the code for many things you could not say or ask in a direct way. Many flower expressions are an integral part of our language (especially in German). For certain and very important occasions we give flowers, like birth, funeral, anniversary, wedding, welcome, farewell ... If you think about it, flowers are a very important and inspiring part of our daily life, apparently inconspicuous. 
I remember as it were yesterday when my mother went to the final event of my dancing school wearing a long black dress printed with orange and green flowers. I felt embarrassed. Now - thirty years later - I would give anything to wear that dress.
This season many popular designers were inspired by the beauty of flowers. After a long, cold winter nothing can highlight the presence of the spring and summer spirit quite like a vivid, colorful selection of prints, bursting up with life. The floral trend still continues from previous years with printed pants, dresses, skirts, and everything else you can put a flower on. I met Merve last September and I loved the way she wore her floral mini-skirt. The perfect reason for me to think about this trend. From blossoming roses to delicate daisies, floral prints were blooming all over the Spring 2013 runways. Prada, Erdem and Ralph Lauren (just to name a few) displayed their petal productions in bold prints and chunky accessories. It is on the top this season. Florals are all about having fun with fashion and embracing the romance of spring. Perhaps this is why the floral trend is one that just won’t go away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment